Nova
Welcome to Nova!
Nova
Welcome to Nova!
Nova
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nova

For members of the evony alliance Nova :)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ariadne - who?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Ariadne - who? Empty
PostSubject: Ariadne - who?   Ariadne - who? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 6:02 pm

Ok, who am I? Good question. I have changed a lot in the last few years. I was a radiographer for the NHS for over 20 years until doing ultrasound scanning gave me RSI in my shoulder and neck, so I got medically retired. I was married for 24 years to an insurance man who then got cancer and died 18 months later at the age of 45. I have two kids, and two grand children. My eldest had BPD during her teenage years and the youngest is still trying to get a job in the city. They each live with partners and kids, struggling as people in their early 20's with young families do, maybe more so for having lost their father. So I was also a full time carer for people with both physical and mental difficulties.
I'm very lucky though, about 18 months after I was widowed I met a new partner on internet dating who I have more in common with than my late husband. I took up pottery which has become my new passion and I sell it and do commissions via craft fairs and my website. We've been together 3 years now and have a lovely house with space for my workshop and his art studio. We've travelled a bit and I feel like my life has started again. I've also been studying psychology and counselling and am thinking about doing another masters in psychotherapy. It helps me to understand myself and I feel that there must be a reason for everything that's happened, maybe to help others? Talking doesn't cause pain either, my neck and arms still cause problems. Still thhinking about that one, other things to consider.
Anyway, thank you for letting me join this, its brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Ophelya
Admin
Ophelya

Ariadne - who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariadne - who?   Ariadne - who? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 6:15 pm

Great intro! Nice to meet you!
Back to top Go down
Tasey
Admin
Tasey

Ariadne - who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariadne - who?   Ariadne - who? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Ari, glad you posted! Do you do any art stuff through Etsy?
Back to top Go down
https://evonynova.forumotion.com

Ariadne - who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariadne - who?   Ariadne - who? EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 3:51 am

Thank you for your comments Smile

I think Etsy must be a US thing, I only heard of it a few weeks ago through someone on Facebook. Will investigate it more when I come back off holiday. In the meantime, if you want to see my ceramics, look up New Life Ceramics on Facebook or my website (which needs updating) www.arlenemason.co.uk. Yes my real name is Arlene xx
Back to top Go down

Ariadne - who? Empty
PostSubject: The parents suffer more than the kids   Ariadne - who? EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi Ari!
Wow what a sad account (although liked the happy ending). Being a parent of a BPD sufferer is worse, I think, than having it!
Must be maddening, frustrating and heart-breaking all at once....
Hope I never have to go through it with my little one (but the numbers say 30%)....
Still with eyes wide open almost everyhting can be successfully treated and recovered from.

Thanks for your story!
Matt (Meecro H)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ariadne - who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariadne - who?   Ariadne - who? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ariadne - who?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nova :: Introduction :: Introductions :)-
Jump to: